Ah, love. It’s a topic that has been explained in a million different ways by a million different people. People write poems about it, they create epic novels based around it, and they sing about it.
There are a thousand different comparisons to try and take that warm fuzzy feeling in our stomach and make it into something tangible.
So why then, sometimes can you be left lost for words? Maybe it’s that it’s just too overwhelming for you to express yourself. Maybe you just don’t have a way with words. Maybe everything you try just doesn’t sound right or enough.
Well for all our girls who love girls out there, I’ve compiled a massive list of over 40 quotes and sayings that should encapsulate what you’re trying to say.
Whether you’re looking for a cute quote for a card, looking for your next Instagram caption, or a cheeky quote for your Tinder profile, fear not – I’ve got you, girls.
Quotes And Sayings
1. Last A Lifetime – Cristina Marrero
You have to be willing to fight in order for a love story to last a lifetime.
2. ‘She’ Is Amazing – Unknown Author
He is a she and ‘she’ is AMAZING!
3. Too Beautiful – Unknown Author
Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet.
4. Being Gay Is Like Being Left-Handed – Unknown Author
Being Gay is like being left-handed. Some people are, most people aren’t, and nobody really knows why. It’s not right or wrong; it’s just the way things are.
5. This Love Is Yours, Not Theirs – Unknown Author
Love who your heart wants, not what your eyes want. Don’t worry about what others say or think. This love is yours, not theirs.
6. It’s Choosing Happiness Over Society – Unknown Author
It is not a matter of choosing girls over boys; it’s choosing happiness over society.
7. No One Has Imagined Us – Adrienne Rich
No one has imagined us. We want to live like trees, sycamores blazing through the sulfuric air, dappled with scars, still exuberantly budding, our animal passion rooted in the city.
8. Girls Love Each Other Like Animals – Leah Raeder
Girls love each other like animals. There is something ferocious and unself-conscious about it. We don’t guard ourselves like we do with boys.
No one trains us to shield our hearts from each other. With girls, it’s total vulnerability from the beginning. Our skin is bare and soft. We love with claws and teeth and the blood is just proof of how much. It’s feral.
9. There’s Love And Then There’s Completion – Ellen DeGeneres
I could say the same thing I’ve said in every relationship: I’m happy. But there’s happiness, and there’s love, and then there’s completion.
10. My Feelings Overrode All My Fear About Being A Lesbian – Portia de Rossi
My feelings [for Ellen] overrode all of my fear of being out as a lesbian. I had to be with her, and I just figured I’d deal with the other stuff later.
Two women don’t stay in love because they sleep in the same bed…but because they share the same dreams and are willing to fight for each other.
12. My Prince Charming – Unknown Author
My prince charming is a princess.
13. Beautiful, Strong, Compassionate – Rita Mae Brown
I became a lesbian because of women, because women are beautiful, strong, and compassionate.
14. Revise The Script – Julie Anne Peters
Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.
15. I Found You In The Clarity Of The Moon – Milika E. Nura
I found you in the clarity of the moon, not the rigor of the sun. Not in the light, where it’s easier to see, but when the world is blind and loves eyes are free.
16. Like A Mansion Built Upon Sand – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
All love that has not friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon sand.
17. She’s My Role Model – Elizabeth Gilbert
She’s my role model, my traveling companion, my most reliable source of light, my fortitude.
18. I Have The Opportunity To Love What IS Uncommon – Jenna Anne
Being a lesbian means that I have the opportunity to love what is uncommon and I’m okay with that. I do not cry myself to sleep or am upset by the life that I lead because of who I care about. Because I accept the fact that it is simply love.
19. ‘I Love You’ Is All I Want To Say – Fracine Chiar
There’s something about you and I;m finding it impossinnle to stay away. Whenever you’re near, ‘I love you’ is all I want to say.
20. Kinda The Point – Unknown Author
We are both the girl in the relationship. That’s kinda the whole point!
21. Her Touch Shapes Me – Natasha Ngan
Instead of disappearing, she makes me feel reappeared. Reimagined. Her touch shapes me, draws out the boldness that had been hiding in my core.
22. In Your Eyes – Isabel Miller
In your eyes I see myself become what I always dreamed I could be
23. All The Beauty In The World – Natalie Clifford Barney
When she lowers her eyes, she seems to hold all the beauty in the world between her eyelids; when she raises them, I see only myself in her gaze.
24. My Best Friend – Brandi Carlile
I’m married to my best friend and nothing has ever brought me more joy than that.
25. Love Is The Tool – Sara Paddison
As love accumulates, it keeps your system in balane and harmony. Love is the tool, and more love is the end product.
26. They Possessed A Miracle – Patricia Highsmith
How was it possible to be afraid, when the two of them grew stronger together every day? Every night was different, and every morning. Together they possessed a miracle.
27. It’s Everything About Her – Kristen Zimmer
It’s everything about her that I love: her intelligence, her ambition, her sense of humor, her dependability, her kindness.
28. Named Her Eyes – Mary Lambert
I named both of her eyes Forever and Please Don’t Go.
29. First Kiss – Unknown Author
Our very first kiss started a revolution in my heart.
30. Pull Me Closer – Unknown Author
Even if you were to press every inch of your beautiful body against mine, I’d still tell you: ‘Pull me closer.’
31. Every Day – Unknown Author
Every day that I spend with you is the new best day of my life.
32. Love Is A Wild Fire – Cristina Marrero
Love is a wild fire that cannot be contained by any mere element known to man.
33. Without Any Words – Unknown Author
I want a girl that wraps me up in her arms and kisses me, because she knows I need it. Without any words.
34. She Makes Me Stay – Unknown Author
She loves me for the way I never leave her, and I love her for the thousand secret ways she makes me stay.
35. So Many Things – Kristiana Evans
So many things to think about, so many words to say. So many deeds to be done, so many habits to create. So much character to show, so much love to give. In all of this there is transformation and in all of this I live.
36. The True Season Of Love – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
That is the trye season of love. When we believe that we alone can love, that no one could ever have loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again.
37. Take Me My Entire Life – Unknown Author
I don’t know what is so special about girls. Maybe the way they talk. The way they dress. The way they move. The way they smile. The way they smell. I still have so much to tell you, but it might take me my entire life to put it all into words.
38. Exceptional Qualities Of Courage – Diana Frederics
No woman could adjust herself to lesbianism without developing exceptional qualities of courage.
39. My Mind Was An Empty Mirror – Glen Rambharack
Before our eyes met, my mind was an empty mirror. I fear that my dreams will shatter. Now I see you every day in my dreams with all your beautym that teases me, I lost my peace, I lost my sleep. All night I stay up thinking of you. What else can I say? I am in love.
40. You Hold My Heart – Unknown Author
You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever.
41. Make My Heart Tremble – Unknown Author
When I am with you, the world stops. I look at you as if you are a one-of-a-kind woman. Only you can make my heart tremble with joy.
42. True Love Color – Unknown Author
With you, my love, I am not afraid to show off my true love color.
43. It Is Genuine – Unknown Author
Our love has survived many struggles. We expierenced condemnation, contempt, anger, envy. But our love has stood all the tests because it is genuine.
44. It’s Called Love – Unknown Author
Have you noticed? Every time we kiss, you’re prettier. Do you know why that is? It’s called love.
45. You’ve Won The Jackpot – Unknown Author
When your best friend becomes your girlfriend, it feels like you’ve won the jackpot.
- 15 Of The Best Lesbian Period Dramas You Need To Watch Right Now - August 22, 2022
- Some Of The Best Lesbian Movies Available For Streaming On Hulu Right Now! - August 22, 2022
- 23 Lesbian Movies On Amazon Prime You Need To Watch Now - August 22, 2022